We’ve put together a list of some interview questions you might find handy, when looking for your perfect au pair. They cover a wide range of topics including travelling, personal life, driving and working.
You’ll also find a link, at the bottom of the page, which allows you to download and print these questions, to have with you during the interview.
Becoming an Au Pair
- Why do you want to become our au pair?
- Have you ever been to Ireland before?
- How does the idea of working in Ireland make you feel?
- What do you think the worst part about working in Ireland as an au pair would be? What would be the best part?
- What do you expect from your job as an au pair?
- Do you like travelling?
- Have you ever lived on your own, or travelled on your own?
- How often would you want to travel home if you became our au pair?
- How long do you want to stay, and when would you like to start working with us?
- Would you accompany us on our holiday, and take care of our kids during the holiday?
- What do you wish to do and see in our country?
- Tell me about your family
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Do you do any domestic work in your own home? Cleaning etc.
- What are your pastimes?
- Do you smoke or drink? If yes, how often?
- How long have you been driving?
- Where do you drive, city or country?
- Is your driving licence valid in Ireland?
- Would you be comfortable driving the children to and from school every day?
- Do you like children, and do you have any experience working as an au pair? If yes, what were your responsibilities?
- Do you have any references for your au pair experience?
- What was the hardest part of that job? What was the best part of that job?
- What were the ages of the children you were responsible for?
- What do you think children most need most from an au pair?
- What activities or games would you play with my children?
- What would you do if my child wouldn’t listen to you?
- What would you do if a baby wouldn’t stop crying in their crib after ten minutes?
- How would you discipline a child who is being naughty?
- Have you been in an emergency situation with a child in your care? If so, what happened and how did you respond?
- Would you help us with light housework?
- Are you okay with our family’s house rules?
[media-downloader media_id=”1064″ texts=”Download these interview questions in PDF format”]